This terrible habit takes the leading place on the list of extremely harmful habits, together with alcoholism and taking medications. It is estimated that 90% of lung cancer cases may kill as much as 50% of the active smokers.
In fact, the negative impact on our health is because one cigarette contains 7000 dangerous ingredients. It includes tobacco, arsenic, carbon monoxide, butane and glass particles, all of which can significantly harm your lungs.
By inhaling these chemical substances, you are burning up the lung area, which in turn leads to issues like pulmonary disease and lung cancer.
What is more, the accumulated plaque in the arterial blood vessels can lead to cardiac arrest, stroke, and cardiovascular failure.
The nicotine found cigarettes can increase the amounts of cortisol in the blood along with the amounts of DHEA hormone.
This weakens your immune system and makes your body prone to numerous diseases and conditions. Smoking can also increase your risk of diabetes, insomnia, dementia, osteoporosis, and infertility.
Nicotine is known as a very addictive compound. When it passes the blood-brain wall, it induces the launch of dopamine and causes enjoyable feelings.
The craving is extremely powerful due to the depletion of important nutrition in the body (vitamin C, ubiquinol, beta-carotene and alpha-linoic acid) that are responsible for neutralizing free radicals.
Food is the best way to replenish the amount of these vitamins and minerals since vitamins can’t allow you to get rid of smoking cigarettes!
Even though it may be difficult to quit smoking, we have some effective and natural methods that will be of great help:
1. MagnesiumMagnesium has the ability to decrease your nicotine addiction. It minimizes its impact on the NMDA receptors known to trigger the discharge of dopamine.
In this way, magnesium can reduce the fulfillment of cigarette smoking, helping you give up this terrible habit.
2. Physical ExerciseAs many studies claim, routine workouts can help you reduce your need for cigarettes in short-term, which in turn will help you in the long term.
3. AcupunctureThis ancient method is extremely beneficial for reducing your tobacco urges. It works by placing needles at some points in the chest and the mouth.
4. LimeLime has a rich content of antioxidant and vitamin C. So, whenever you desire a smoke just reach for a lime. This will reduce your cravings!
5. MindfulnessSome experts claim that you can conquer the dependency by remaining seated through hard situations for example cigarette urges.
6. Olfactory TrainingAccording to a recent study, exposing smokers to the odor of cigarettes, fish and ruined eggs during the stage two of REM sleep can be of significant help, making them quit smoking.
7. HypnotherapyHypnosis is a great way for treating various issues and harmful habits, besides smoking. It enables you to bypass specific stages of reality by getting you into a transformed state of awareness.
In this way, you will be motivated to follow hints from an exterior source. It will relate smoking to uncomfortable stimuli, thus helping you to stop this unhealthy habit.