The chemical name for the baking soda is sodium hydrogen carbonate, and it is part of every household. It is used for different uses at home. The magical capacity of this compound is its antacid effect thanks to its property. The baking soda can be used as a substitute for shampoo, shaving, for minor burns or as a relaxation in the bathroom. It can be one of the key ingredients that you need to maintain the health and the beauty.
The baking soda can be used for:
1. Acne and pimplesThe acnes and pimples can be dried with thick paste of baking soda and few drops of water. If your skin is irritated do not use this mixture. Other combination for clean face is to mix baking soda with one teaspoon of honey. Apply it on your face and leave it for one minute. Rinse your face with warm water. The antiseptic effect of the baking soda prevents inflammation and redness of the skin.
2. Clean hairWhen you wash your hair, add ¼ teaspoon of baking soda in the shampoo that will easily remove all the preparations for shaping, that you have inflicted on the hair. By doing this your hair will become soft, elastic and easier for shaping.
3. Bright teethThe most common remedy for whitening teeth is the baking soda. You have to moisten your toothbrush with water and put a little baking soda on the toothbrush. Rub your teeth with circular movements for 2-3 minutes. After this, rinse with water several times, or you can wash your teeth with toothpaste whitening. You can also use against bad breath. You have to dissolve half teaspoon of baking soda into one big glass of water and drink it.
4. HerpesIf you have herpes on your skin you should apply a little of the baking soda on the affected place. By doing this you will neutralize the bacteria and the herpes will quickly disappear.
5. FungiYou can use the baking soda against fungi. Put one teaspoon of baking soda in one liter of water. With the resulting mixture wash the affected places. The sodium bicarbonate hinders the development of fungi.
6. Foot carePut three tablespoons of baking soda in one bowl with warm water. Put your legs in the bowl and massage your feet. After this procedure, moisten your feet with cream or lotion and you will immediately notice the freshness.
7. Care for your handsYou have to rub your hands gently with baking soda, which will remove all bacteria and unpleasant odors. You can add few teaspoons of baking soda on your soap. It is the best combination to protect and to keep clean your hands.
8. Fungal infection of the nailsSay goodbye to this boring infection with the baking soda and the apple vinegar. This mixture will prevent the
fungi’s spreading and growth. You will need:
– 4-5 tablespoons of baking soda
– 1 cup of apple vinegar
– Bowl for soaking feet
– Paper towel
Mix the cup of apple vinegar in the bowl of water. Soak your feet in the water and let them stay for about 15 minutes, and then dry your feet with paper towel. You have to repeat this procedure again, but now you have to add 4-5 tablespoons of baking soda.
The purpose of this procedure is: We use the apple vinegar first, in order to destroy the fungi, and then we add the baking soda in order to prevent their further spreading and growth.
9. BurnsThe next time you have a burn, you have to know that the baking soda can help you. Put a little baking soda in a bowl with ice water, soak a towel in it, and put it on the burn. Apply it until the burn stops causing you feeling of warmth.
Despite the magical properties of the baking soda, we should be very careful with its use. On the other hand the effect can be dangerous.